Saturday, May 9, 2015

The Men in my Life

It's 1:22 in the morning and my mind is racing. There are 3 (4 including God) important men in my life. The first is my husband. This has been a hard week for me and still he tell me he loves me everyday. Last night he encouraged me to follow my dreams and never give up on them. That they are important to him and he wants me to do what I'm passionate about. He is the only one who realized my full potential and reminds me of it often. He reminded me of some things that allowed me to express myself creatively, and I want to reconnect with that part of myself. My marriage is so important to me, because I can't see my life with my husband. He is such a wonderful man. He stimulates me to grow and prosper not just for him, or us, but for myself. He has my back and I his. That is why, it is very insulting when someone discredits our union. I do understand not everyone is "comfortable" or "okay" with "GAY MARRIAGE" But I'm sorry, GET THE FUCK OVER IT!!!! He is here to stay, we have been through hell and back in the last 6 years and our love and triumphs are not only inspirational but testaments to what love is really about. I'm so sick of when someone introduces us, they are afraid to say, this is his HUSBAND! Yes, he is my husband! The one who stands by me when all else fail me. The one who comforts me when I'm sad or disappointed. The one who makes me a better person than who I used to be. The one who encourages me to pray and trust God and my faith. So what he's not a female, but if he does all that for me and I AM HAPPY, then I think it is worth it to get over yourselves and respect our union as we respect anyone elses. My stepdad passed away on Monday and in the program, my sister had the nerve to leave his name out. She made sure everyone else's spouses were included, but my mother corrected her. How dare you? The man who loves your child like his own niece. These "so-called" christians, need to read their own bibles and look up respect. Because you may not like my MARRIAGE, but you will RESPECT IT!!
    My dad died when I was 15. I was a teenager thinking I'd have both of my parents forever. I was proven wrong and was devastated when God called him home. I thought no one could fill his place in my life. But then my mom remarried her first husband. At first we got along great! I was excited to have a stepdad. But our relationship (like any other) had ALOT of ups and downs. And truthfully I often questioned whether he loved me like I was HIS son. And I always got so upset because I wanted him too. All I wanted was to love him like I loved my dad. And he reassured me, that he did. I didn't realize how much he meant to me until I lost him on Monday. My second dad, gone. I was devastated again. I worried throughout this week whether his kids would look at me as the "Stepbrother" and that I had no right to have input or whatever. And I don't care. He loved me like I was his own, so that is why was important to remove the title "stepson" from the program. He never called me his "Stepson". I will miss both of my dads dearly and will continue to make them both proud of me. Neither of them took any shit. lol The said whatever the fuck they wanted to say and didn't give a damn who had a problem with it. So that is why I will speak my truth and keep it 100! Fuck who ever has a problem with my marriage! Fuck who has a problem with me or my husband! And FUCK who ever is offended, now I'm going to bed, I have a funeral to attend in the morning.

2 comments:

  1. Almost made me shed a tear...😢😢😢. Robots don't really cry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Almost made me shed a tear...😢😢😢. Robots don't really cry.

    ReplyDelete