Thursday, May 21, 2015

Passion

The time is 1:01 AM and as usual I'm up when I should be sleep. My husband gave me a great idea for a blog entry and now that I've thought it over, I know exactly what I want to say....or ask...Do you know what your passion is?
Ever since I was at the tender age of 13 I found an escape through written words. I would write poetry and short stories. The thought of writing anything more scared me. But as the years rolled by, I became infatuated with writing. It is the best way for me to express myself. Because I feel like I have no boundaries, nothing to be afraid of. My writing allows me to be fearless. Which is why I want to be a writer, I'm in college studying to get a degree in Communications so I can study Journalism. Writing is my life, I wouldn't be me without. Some people unfortunately never find their passion. They search and search and some remain lost. Passion to me isn't what everyone else wants your to do, or what they label you as. It is your expression. It's something that you believe in so hard to your core that it gives you that tingle inside just thinking about. It's that point in a conversation that makes you light up and you can just talk about it all day.
Where does your passion come from?
After talking with my husband and analyzing people over the years, I realize, what makes your passion so strong, is that a lot of times it comes from pain. A moment in your life that was a turning point and sparked something in you that you'll remember forever. My passion for writing derived from pain. I was bullied everyday in middle school, all 3 years. When I finally got to high school I was so emotional scared I had no other way to express myself. So one day I put pen to paper and I haven't stopped since. I find it so easy to pull inspiration from a hurtful time in my life. Writing songs, poems, books, even this blog, sometimes takes me to a dark place to bring out my best art. For example my best friend is an amazing artist. I mean this girl can draw ANYTHING, I don't even think she knows her full capability. She drew sketches all through high school. Turns out she was in a very bad relationship throughout high school and her outlet was drawing. Once you left the bad situation behind, she no longer had a need to draw. But for me writing is more than an outlet, it is who I am. I have learned to draw inspiration from ALL emotions and pour it into my writing. That's what I call passion.
It's a shame that some people let negative nay-sayers tell you what you can or should be doing. Fuck them!! They do not know your heart. They do not know your drive and what drives your passion. It is easy for someone on the outside of our lives to judge and try and tear down or limit someone's passion. But what they don't realize is, what God has for you, is for you. No matter what limitations, obstacles, hurdles, none of that crap matters when God has something for you. Follow your passion and do what makes you happy. Life is to short to live otherwise. It's not about proving the nay-sayers wrong, it about following your heart and reaching your full potential. Haters will always hate and those who lack passion will try to deter....know yourself, find your passion, live your passion.

No comments:

Post a Comment