Sunday, November 15, 2015

LIVE!

It's 4:26 PM, and abnormally, I'm sleepy. So if I start typing in circles forgive me lol This week has definitely been better than last week. And strangely enough, I'm in a terrific mood today! I just woke up feeling great! I guess Fridays can do that to a person! Most of my homework is pretty much done. All I have left to do is a Sheep Brain dissection....YUCK! I know! I'm totally not looking forward to it. It's hard to believe Thanksgiving is less than 2 weeks away! I'm completely blown away at how fast November is going! But anyway, my Blog represents many things for me. Most importantly it's a form of expression. And this week, I wanted to write about something that brings me joy...

So my question is, what is your form of fun? Maybe something no one else gets but you. But whatever it is, it makes you happy and excited!

When it comes to music, it is like my therapy. I feed off of it. When my day is bad, there is always a song that can turn my frown upside down. But what takes this feeling to the next level for me is to hear my favorite music LIVE! I'm talking about flashing lights, live band, background singers, and my favorite artists center stage! It is like an exhilarating experience! Some people will never understand my fascination with concerts. I’ve had people tell me it is a waste of time to go to concerts and I’ve also had people down play my sense of fun when it comes to them.

I'm like a kid in a candy store! Every moment counts for me! I love to get to the arena early, so I can enter the contests and play the games the radio stations have available. Most people don't know, that usually they give away Meet and Greets, upgraded seats and many other things. The music is fun, the atmosphere is positive, I love it! (Although I don't get to partake in these when I go to shows out of town, I'm always running late lol) Then entering into the arena is like another step forward. Everyone excited to see the show, people standing in lines to buy merchandise. I usually like to get a keychain or something, just to take something with me. Because let's be honest, them shirts and shit be too damn high! I can make my own!! lol Then you finally make it to your seat and look out at the arena, watching the people laugh and scramble to their seats, and the anticipation builds! You constantly watch you phone, checking the time. And before you know it, the lights are out and the opening act is being welcomed on the stage. Some more enjoyable than others, but once their gone, the real burning begins. The feeling that any minute the lights will go out and who you came to see will be right there, in the same place as you, performing YOUR favorite songs. Giving you a chance to experience them in a different way. Literally bringing the music to life. And before you know it, it's over and you're left with post-concert syndrome lol. Especially if it's one of your favs! 

For me, I could even see my favorite artists more than once. Why would you wanna see the same person and show twice? People think that is a waste of time and money, well I disagree. First off all, let me break this down. Most artist, change their set lists from show to show. Otherwise, things could get a bit boring. Some think, big whoop, a few songs. No, it could be songs you really wanted to hear, maybe even your favorite songs, that could add a different dynamic to the show. And the energy is different from show to show. Like when I saw Beyonce and Jay-Z in Miami, it was the first show of the tour, everyone was so excited and didn’t know what to expect. The excitement was at a fever pitch! It was amazing. Then I went to the show in Atlanta and the experience was different. The people, the dynamic of the show, it was almost as if it was a different show. And especially if you have different seats in different areas. It’s like taking it in from a different view.

Me, I like to do it up! When I was younger I’d make posters and signs, but now I just make a shirt. And the more creative and fun my shirt is, it’s usually a shoe in to win prizes! I don’t think its childish, there are other fans that make shirts, signs and everything else and they are all ages. It’s fun! I love it when people are like, I love that shirt, where did you get it? And I respond, I made it! The time and energy that goes into it, makes it that much more memorable. It’s fun to be amongst other fans who just wanna have fun just like you do. It heightens the entire experience. 

I have a friend that thinks I’m addicted to winning tickets to concerts, no, I’m addicted to concerts, period! Especially if I know the music. So if I find out an artist is coming and I enjoy some of their music, then I’ll try to pursue winning tickets. And in the meantime, I brush up on the artist to get to know their music! It’s SO fun being at a show, vibing with other fans who know the words just like you! I don't have an issue with that, and I don't understand why anyone else would either. I love it! For those few hours inside that arena, you’re not worried about bills, illnesses, work, stress, school, heartbreak, it’s just a bliss, fun and music! You can let go, dance and be crazy! No one is judging you because they’re having fun too!

My biggest beef is when people are at a show and expect others in front of them to sit because they are sitting. It is a concert! You paid your money (or worked hard to win tickets) just like they did! If you want to sit, then sit, but don’t expect me too! I did that once, and I was miserable. AND it was a Beyonce concert, and y’all know I love my Bey. I vowed NEVER to do that again. I will dance, have fun, be silly and just let loose, because I can. And the only downside I would say is it's okay to not always have the best seats, but for those of us who has a fear of heights, sometimes it's hard to enjoy your fav when you can touch the ceiling of the arena...It's okay to be nosebleed sometimes, but when you're really into the music, you want to be able to enjoy it, without having a fear of falling. 

I guess to make a long story short, it is not a waste of money to go to concerts, to see your favs twice, if it is something you enjoy!  I’m not doing drugs, getting drunk, gambling, or paying off a hitman (no judgement for any of those things) I work hard for my money, so if that’s my pastime, why not let me enjoy what I love and how I want to enjoy it? Life is too short to let people tell dictate what you consider fun. Live your life, work hard and be happy! And that’s keeping it 100!

PS....My heart and prayers go out to the families in Paris. The world we live in is a dangerous place, and no matter if we've ever been at odds. We should all stand united against terrorism.

No comments:

Post a Comment