Wednesday, May 13, 2015

FOOLISH/UNFOOLISH

Naturally, Ashanti's song is playing in my head while I'm writing this, but this is indeed real life shit. Over the years I have had beautiful friends who choose to be with this..."unworthy" men and let them play tug-a-war with their hearts and minds. I'm not judging because I too went through the same thing. I dated a man who I thought I was gonna be with, I thought he was everything I wanted. But the relationship was completely unhealthy, not just for me, but him as well. I took the bullshit he was feeding me because I didn't love myself. I thought that was it for me, well...as most of you know I'm married to my King now, so we all know how that story played out. But anyway, I can relate. I have a friend who's been dating this guy for "X" amount of years, the entire relationship has been like riding a roller-coaster in a thunder storm. After so many bad altercations she has decided to take this man back, saying she wants to get married and such. And don't get me wrong I wish the best for my friend, but when is enough, enough. Not just her, for anyone who is in these bad relationships. I don't feel it's my business to tell her to leave, because that's how I felt when I was in my bad situation. Why do we let these men make us feel low? Why do we let them take us through shit and make us worry, can I trust him? Is he cheating? Will this time be the last time? Will he change? Will he hit me again? Take control of your life and really sit and think. But love, emotion and the current situation aside. Look at things as a whole and ask yourself, is it really worth it? I know that is easier said than done, trust me. Although I'm a man, I'm just like you. And just like you, I had a breaking point. A point of no return when I decided, I can't do this. And hunny when you find that strength to leave and never come back....that is when you truly realize your strength. And for the ladies who have children, I don't wanna hear, Oh but he's my baby's father, you don't understand, I don't want my child to grow up without both his/her parents. No, you shouldn't want your child to grow up seeing you in a damaging situation. Show your child(ren) your strength so they can know their worth and what's acceptable. I'm done preaching...keep it 100 with yourself  and love yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment