Saturday, June 6, 2015

Money Vs Friends

Oil and water don't mix, and neither does friends and money! We all have protested this at some early stage in our lives. But for those of us who have migrated from the optimistic-it won't happen to me-la la land, know the real deal. I was once one of those people. Check this out, you have a friend, that you are really close with. I'm talking about your #1 main bitch, your ace, your ride or die homie. Then she needs to borrow some money....Now the first thought is (and some of you are lying if it isn't) How much this chick trying to get...10 I guess, 20 OK, 30 alright now, 40 you completely pushing it, and 50+ bitch you trying it girl!, then second....Should I lie and say I don't have it, or hear her out, so of course you get the full out sad story that plays on your conscience. So reluctantly you lend her the money, because that's the "bestie" and you want to be a blessing to someone. And that's your home girl, she's never crossed you before, so it should be fine.... Now fast forward 3 weeks...1 week after she was supposed to pay you back. No call...barely texting...all of a sudden she so busy, and every excuse as to why she's late on the payback (Or hell some people just won't contact you for a long as time, and then act like nothing happened) BUT...she just updated Facebook 23 minutes ago with... "It's Friday!! About to have this crab boil with the bestie! Hair on fleek, nails done, time to turn up! ". So you know the first thing you say to yourself....This broke ass bitch tried it! Oh bad body hoe, this bitch flexin on facebook, but too busy to pay me back. AND now some other hoe is bestie and I couldn't even get a invite to your tired ass crab boil!! So you call her...VOICEMAIL...but she commenting on somebody else's status! Now you going off and calling other friends to vent about this friend. And that's when things get ugly from there.  Unfortunately no matter how cool you are with a person, shit gets real when money is involved. Because it doesn't matter how long you've known each other, you don't play with people's money, they man, or their kids. Because if they don't answer you, then she's dodging you. If they late, then you think "She sure wasn't taking her time getting the money from me, but now she wanna play around when it's time to collect. Unless you are planning to GIVE the money to them, take my advice and don't lend it. I had a friend that lend one of our mutual friends some money, not only did she lend her what she asked for, but gave her additional because our friend really needed it. Chile, neither one of us heard from her for a few weeks, when it was time for the payback, the friend that borrowed said, Oh I don't owe you any money, I asked could I have it, not borrow....needless to say, that friendship ended INSTANTLY. It's not worth it, just like business and pleasure, it don't mix. And what I can't stand is when someone ask you for something and you say no you don't have it. Instead of the person being like, "Well thank you anyway, I appreciate it" They get a attitude with YOU, like you're SUPPOSED to help them or lend them money! lol The shit is crazy!!! This may not be keeping it all the way 100, but if my friends ask for me money, I just say I don't have it, whether I have it or not, and it's not to be mean or spiteful, its to preserve the friendship we have and for ME that's keeping it 100!

4 comments:

  1. Bruh u is speaking the truth..... A chick who's name shall remain X. Chile I'm still waiting on X 2 repay me from. What bout 4, 5,6 years ago...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol I'm glad you enjoyed it Joce! But you can forget it, X ain't giving you SHIT! lol Girl you need to give that to God, for real for real

      Delete
  2. I like it so much.😘 you said a mouthful then and it is not only friends family can be more coniving and triffling than the so called friends
    Keep up the great work. I plan to read every blog that you publish. Great job friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!!! And you are so right! Family can be trifling too!!! People act so stupid over money! smh, but thank you again and I hope you enjoy them!

      Delete