Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Moment for Life...


I wanna start off by saying, RIP to my stepdad. It’s been a year today since you’ve left us and went home to glory…… In 2006, I entered college, a young 18 year old with money and men on my mind. I took a math class that I ended up failing. Not because it was too difficult but because I didn't even try. Over the years, I had to wait to get back in school because being under the age of 24 with no spouse or children, I was considered a "depended" to the eyes of financial aid. So without help, I decided to sit, be patient and wait on God. When I turned 24, I was ready to hit the ground running! FSCJ made me jump through hoops, but I blew my first semester out the water with straight A's. But my past came back to bite me in the ass and I had to sit out another year after my successful one. When I tell you, I wanted my education SO bad, I was given a chance to show that I mean business and it STILL wasn't good enough. So God blessed us and we were able to pay for me to retake the math class I failed out of pocket and I passed it with an A. I've been focused and determined ever since. But that doesn't mean my road got easier. There were many times I wanted to give up, some days I thought, "this shit is just too fucking hard". But I pushed through. My husband and God alone were the only driving forces in my success. Because when I was ready to say FUCK IT ALL, God kept me going and my husband lit a fire in me that forced my determination.

I wish I could say this achievement has been met with overwhelming love and support. There has been haters along the way that have wished ill on us. There has been family along the way that has tried to diminish the importance of this accomplishment. There is friends that have pretended to wish us well, and have turned their backs on us. What the fuck is wrong with you people? You know what I have to say about all that...FUCK IT. My husband is the strongest man I know. And I am so overwhelming proud of him. Even more than myself. We both deserve to be celebrated and met with an overload of positive responses from the people around us. Again, what the fuck is wrong with you people? Everyone wants to attend a graduation party, but don't wanna put up no funds! Don't wanna get out of themselves and put something together!?! GIRL/BOY BYE!!! I personally reached out to people letting them know about this event, date/time/place. I will not chase anyone to be there. Either you will or you won't. I'm not sending a reminder text. If you're getting married, do you send a reminder text to your guests? Thought not... Again...sorry-I ain't sorry! When you hurt me, you only end up hurting yourself....Shout out to my brother for really wanting to be there but unable to. Love ya bro!

I don't mean to get long winded, but I just wanna say this to my husband. Between you and I, we are the FIRST of our parents' children to graduate with a degree. I hope the rest of our siblings will follow suit eventually. But for now, it's just us. We got each other through, and I am proud to walk this stage with you. You are an incredible man. You encouraged me when no one else did. You believed in when I didn't believe in myself. I love you so much. Thank you for putting up with my attitude and those hard moments. I honestly couldn't have done it without you. This one's for you baby! We both deserve to live in this moment and be happy, no matter who's there... And that's keeping it 100!!

No comments:

Post a Comment