Saturday, November 7, 2015

New Year, New Me!

It's 2:39AM, and I'm tired as shit. I fought to stay up late and now I could just drop at any minute. The last week has gone by so fast for me, I can barely keep up. It seems just yesterday my husband and I were planning to see Taylor Swift last week. Then the concert was over (And amazing btw, hands down best concert of 2015) Then next thing I knew we were home and diving into homework. Also shout out to my brother in law who turned the big 3-0, this week!!! Woohoo!!!! lol And now, it's Friday morning...Fingers crossed...gonna try and win tickets to Mary tonight, but ANYWAYS....

I’m working on a pet peeve Blog, but this I HAD to write this. Why is it that when we get into the last quarter of the year, people starting yelling “New year, New ME!” I’m a be this next year, I’m a be THAT next! Bitch please! The same tired ass shit you doing now, you’re gonna be doing next year too! Let’s break this down…
So this goes hand in hand with New Year’s Resolutions...
My question is, why do you have to wait for the impending New Year to change yourself? Why not start now? 

If you wanna try a different look, then try it! You want that new car? Then start planning and saving now! Educational goals? Plan now! Healthier eating and lifestyle? Start today! You don’t need a new year to do something different with your life! Truth is, the longer you wait, and the more unlikely you will be to stay consistent or follow through with the change.

And then this one gets me even more. So when someone goes through a negative experience, like a break up, loss of a job, etc. First thing they hollering is, “I’m about to go back to school and do me”. LMAO. I don’t mean to laugh, yes I do, but bitch, why does it take a man to leave you for you to do you? Why does he have to leave for you to take your ass back to school??? School was nowhere on your mind when you were getting dicked down…why now?

And it never fails, it is like clockwork! I had a friend that every single time something went wrong in their relationship, first thing they rambled on is, “I’m a do me, I’m a get back in school, get me a car, and I’m a be a bad bitch” And guess what….none of those things came to pass.

I have learned that it is all for show. People say shit on Facebook because they think people care about what they’re doing and who/what they’re dealing with in a situation. I’m sorry hunny, nobody gives a fuck about you "doing you". You’re gonna find another piece of dick to ride and forget all about “doing you and getting back in school”. It’s the truth! People show boat for Facebook. And we ALL know this! People hang their lives on Facebook, ups and downs and arounds! And just so their “downs” don’t seem that bad, they sugar coat things and try to make a positive outlook and say, I’m gonna do this or that. When truth is, nobody really cares. You're just putting your business out there for a bunch of haters who now have ammo to throw back at your ass when you piss them off.  You wouldn’t have to prove anything to people if you kept your shit off social media. If you really wanna set goals, then set realistic short term and long term goals and stick with them. Airing them out to Facebook is a waste of time and energy, no one cares, and if they do, a lot of times they’re hatin and wish you will fail.  Probably because either A) You say the shit every other week or B) They’re envious. (but that’s a story for a different Blog)

All I’m saying is, if you really want to change something about yourself, make realistic goals and stick with them. And eventually you will see your life change for the better. It’s not wrong to set goals for yourself after something happens, but I’m sorry you can’t be a different you every time a relationship ends or December 31st rolls around! Simply put, it’s fake, and that’s keeping it 100!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment