Friday, October 30, 2015

Spring Valley Incident

It is 11:00AM on this nice Friday morning! This week has been a good one. I won my husband tickets to see Taylor Swift, we leave for Tampa in the morning. Most of my homework is done, so I can enjoy this week. I am able to walk. My health is good. Bills are paid. Husband's doing pretty good. Food in the frig. Dogs are great. House is clean and smelling like that Gain cleaner lol I'm blessed. I honestly can't complain for anything.

But anyway, I had so many ideas for my Blog this week. But decided to go with this topic, considering its relevance and my strong opinion on it. On Tuesday, at Spring Valley High School in South Carolina a video surfaced. In the video is a girl in a classroom being slammed to the ground by an officer and dragged to the front of the class and being handcuffed. The video can be seen below.

Click to see Video!

Apparently the 16 year old girl was on her phone repeatedly and was asked to put it away by the teacher. She refused. She was asked to leave the class, she refused. The officer came in and she didn't listen to him either and then you can see what happened from there. Officer Ben Fields has now been released from his duties, because of this incident. He also has 2 prior accounts one which has been thrown out and the other pending.

Now looking at this video, I know EVERY parent is saying, he was wrong. No one better not touch my child like that. And I agree. The force he used wasn't necessary. BUT...here's my issue. Yeah he shouldn't have slammed and dragged her. But she was indeed being extremely defiant and disrespectful. Kids today in these schools are getting worse by the generation. Parents aren't teaching their kids to respect their authority figures at home. Parents either can't control their kids and leaving it up to the teachers to deal with their shit or just doesn't instill proper core values and respect in them for other authority figures.

No I don't have kids, but when I do. No I don't want my kids handled like this. Because I will teach them to respect me, their father, and all other authority figures. If a teacher says put the damn phone away, then you better put it away. Period! It shouldn't be out in class anyway! I'm going to make sure my kids have respect. So I know if something like this happens, it wasn't because they were acting an ass. But if I can't control my children, or they don't respect authority, then what do you expect to happen??? That girl should have put the damn phone away when asked. Had she any respect for her superiors, none of that would have been escalated.

And I know everyone is probably like Oh it's racist, oh he did too much. But the only view that is being shown is the view of that camera. I think we as adults forget that we were kids too and how kids act in these classrooms and that now a days, they are worse! Race has nothing to do with it! Every single time something happens and it happens to be an African American, the race card is pulled. Its starting to lose weight. When it really is a racist situation, it'll be ignored due to that card being pulled necessarily. Bottom line, regardless of race, handle your damn children at home, if not then someone else will!! And that's keeping it 100!

No comments:

Post a Comment