Sunday, September 20, 2015

Money. Money! Money?

It is 2:30AM, and I'm looking at my Bacardi Pineapple Rum thinking about how it would taste in my Cranberry Juice. lol Anyway, it has been a fast week for me. I have noticed the slight change in weather. It is starting to cool down and Fall is vastly approaching. I won tickets to Luke Bryan and had an awesome time at his concert. I think my fandom has grown since attending, if that is even possible. And I'm looking forward to a much needed movie day with my husband tomorrow. So that about sums it up for me, I hope you all had a great week as well. Well let's get to it, let's say your career has taken off. You're making the money you want to make, you're living life the way you want and you're just in love with your lifestyle. You start dating someone who doesn't make as much as you. Does that matter? And I'm not talking about someone who is just trying to make you a meal ticket. I'm talking about someone who works and pulls their own at their own financial level. I can't speak for anyone else, but my answer is yes. If my husband and I were just dating and I made more than him, I wouldn't care. It should never be one-sided though, like "Oh you make more, so when we go out, you should always pay". That's bullshit! But I think things should be fair and equally yoked. People have this stereotype about men that they should always dominate and make more than their partners to be able to provide. That is not true. Because that will not always be the case! Each situation is different. What ever that particular couple has and it works for them, than that's it. Only way it won't work is if your partner has insecurities about it. Let's face it, men can be a little intimated by power and success sometimes. But I feel like if my man is strong and secure with his ability to be my man and what he can provide in our relationship, then who makes what, will not matter.

Even if the shoe is on the other foot and you're dating someone who makes more than you. Would you be ok with that? Would you be secure enough to handle what comes with dating someone who makes more than you? To be honest, I don't think it would bother me. But this is a what if situation, so who knows unless I was actually in this situation.

Let's take it up a notch, say the person you're with comes into a large sum of money, how would that affect you? I'll be honest, if my husband hit the lotto for a few million, I'm probably gonna kiss ADT goodbye! I hear so many people saying, "Oh I'd quit my job" this, that and the third. But what about your dreams? Your job is not your career, it is not what you love. So yes it is easy to say kiss my ass, I'm rich. But what about your goals? The things you are passionate about? Or even if you date someone who does have a lot of money, and they say, don't work, I got it. Would you give up on the things you love because your coins are stacked in the bank? My husband asked me, if we were rich would I still write this blog. My answer is yes. I love my blog. I have no choice but to keep it 100. I love to write. It is how I express myself best. I'd still be writing poems, books and this blog faithfully. Because I love it, it is my passion. But what about the things that are important to you? Would you still go to school to pursue your degree? Honestly, I do not know. My degree does mean a lot to me, but I would probably slow down a bit. Yeah, money doesn't last forever and you should always have a "backup plan". But sometimes that backup plan shit goes out the window. I want everyone to ask yourself, if you were rich, would you still pursue your dreams? Or would money be enough to fulfill you? And don't forget...Keep it 100!

4 comments:

  1. I have dated men that made less money than me. It wasn't a problem for me, however it was for them and it ultimately broke up the relationship.

    Now if I hit the lottery today, yes I would quit my job because it's not my passion, it just pays the bills really, really well. Having money would afford me the opportunity to follow my dreams/passion, as my dream job doesn't pay the bills. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have dated men that made less money than me. It wasn't a problem for me, however it was for them and it ultimately broke up the relationship.

    Now if I hit the lottery today, yes I would quit my job because it's not my passion, it just pays the bills really, really well. Having money would afford me the opportunity to follow my dreams/passion, as my dream job doesn't pay the bills. :)

    ReplyDelete