Friday, August 28, 2015

Caitlyn: Judge Me Not

“How would your life be different if…You stopped making negative judgmental assumptions about people you encounter? Let today be the day…You look for the good in everyone you meet and respect their journey.” 
― Steve MaraboliLife, the Truth, and Being Free

It's 12:49AM and I've been wondering all WEEK what in the hell was I gonna write about this week. Then it occurred to me that it doesn't have to be anything earth shattering it just has to be genuine. I can just speak on things I've experienced and seen. After all, the title of my blog is "Just My Thoughts...". So last week, I saw a post on Facebook. It was a general question and a good one. Caitlyn Jenner may go to prison, would she go to a male correctional facility or a female one. Now before I give my answer, I know a lot of people are tired of talking about Caitlyn, but I have yet to really share my own personal thoughts. So here we go. She SHOULD indeed go to a women's correctional facility, as she does identify as a female. But that is not what bothered me, the question is indeed a fair one to ask. What was disturbing was that one of the comments not only referred to her as a HIM, but made very disgusting comments like; "I don't support the science project" and "you spelled Bruce wrong." And that was to name a couple. What this person did not realize is yes he is indeed entitled to his own opinion, but you are not only disrespecting her but all transgenders alike. We as humans tend to fear and condemn things we do not understand. So that part of his ignorance is a given, but what is inexcusable is that he did not educate himself on a matter he cannot relate to nor understand before making derogatory comments. The fact is this is why a lot of our youth and even adults are committing suicide. Because people are not taking the time to educate themselves about a particular lifestyle before judging it. People feel so afraid to be themselves and fear they would be severely ridiculed so they end their lives, before they even begin to live. And how can you even say you've lived if you spend your life hiding who you are. I think it is a beautiful thing to be able to be yourself. Your TRUE self! It is not only beautiful but BRAVE. I do not however agree with the media circus Caitlyn Jenner has turned into. I also don't agree that she waited "too long" to transition. I also do not agree with how she told Khloe she was concerned with HER kids. But Kim, Khloe and Kourtney are as much her children as the others. I do slightly agree with what he said about Kris Jenner in Vanity Fair. How if she accepted him, they would still be together. Now granted, I know that woman is hurt and all that. But let's be real for a second, unconditionally love is just that unconditional. If you love a person, truly and deeply, you love them beyond physical appearance. If not, then it wasn't true love. I don't think that was a DISS at Kris but a realization that what they had was not truly unconditional. Yes they loved each other, shared many years and had children, but it wasn't unconditional. You can't put a condition on love. People are also saying, she waited too long to do this, especially health wise. All those surgeries at an older age may not be ideal, but you only live life once, there are no sequels. It's not a shame that she waited until she was much older, it is a shame that she lived her entire life in hiding. Underneath the gold medals, bunch of kids and marriages, she could not truly be herself. I myself am not transgender but I am a gay male. Before I was comfortable with myself, I forced a facade and wore a mask to hide the great person I was. I couldn't be into pop music, I couldn't dance to Britney, I couldn't be an Independent Woman or declare that I don't want no scrubs in my life. I was suppose to be the straight black boy, that listened to the Hot Boyz and dated girls. It took a long time for me to shed all the bullshit and stop giving a FUCK about what people said. But some people don't find that strength. I think people forget that we are indeed human. No matter what gender you identify with, we are human. Caitlyn Jenner is a human being. It is a respect factor. How can you disrespect someone you don't even know because of what they want to do with their life!? And half of you that throw shade at Caitlyn can't hold a damn candle to her. You taking Instagram selfies but your tracks showing, you at the clubs wearing them hair store flip flops, you guys are calling her a science project but you can't get a date with a woman with class or can't keep her because you're childish, broke or your dick game is WHACK...The bottom line is show respect and stop judging. You have no idea what effects you may have on the person with the nasty things you say. Words cut.... Let people live their lives. And stop making it so hard for more people to be brave in this world! Keep in mind that life is like a fucking boomerang, you get back what you put out...and that's keeping it 100!

PS: And for those who might want to educate themselves on Caitlyn, try checking out her show I Am Cait, it comes on Sunday nights on E!. I won't lie, it is a bit boring, but it strips down to the person she is without the media hoopla.

No comments:

Post a Comment